Saturday, May 12, 2012

How many shoes in the pile?

The number of flip flops and other shoes we collected was 346 which makes 173 mismatched pairs.

They say the average number of shoes owned by women in the US is 27 pairs. All my girlfriends out there who own 30 or 40 pairs of shoes, which, I know you do because we are not 'average', do you ever think about what happens to them when you grow tired of them? What a lot of waste we create just to stay "in fashion". I am also guilty of owning too many pairs of shoes. I have taken a lot of ribbing from Jens when we travel somewhere and about a third of my luggage space is taken up by shoes. Yup, we need running shoes for the gym, walking shoes for outings, flip flops for poolside, dress shoes for office (at least two pairs to match our clothes) and of course a pair of heels or two for the dinner dates.

My running shoes did double duty as hiking shoes on our trek. They cane back a little muddy, but cleaned up just fine.

Onboard SEGWUN, I counted 10 pairs of shoes. Jens has 4 and I have 6. Not too bad even though we spend a great deal of our time barefoot.



No comments:

Post a Comment