Thursday, September 26, 2013

SEGWUN's Week at the Spa

Well, the first mate might have spent a few nights at the Westin with the Captain, but I was getting the royal treatment at the Port Denarau Marina. I was gently lifted out of the water and placed 'on the hard' as they say. The treatment started with a power wash and a wet sanding. Ooh boy, did that ever feel delicious. Somewhat like a Turkish bath I would think.

Then it was a couple of fresh coats of antifouling paint, and sanding and painting of my bright work by the Fijian crew while the Captain kept busy with a few small maintenance jobs. I got plenty of attention and I now feel like a million bucks. All dolled up and ready for the next 1400 miles of the journey.

As nice as it was, I ain't no landlubber and am happy to be floating in the warm sea water of the South Pacific once more. The crew has boarded and all feels right with the world.





No comments:

Post a Comment