Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Diving off West Caicos

Jens and I headed out for a bit of diving today.  Liz and Eric went with Jason for a snorkelling adventure. We all saw lots of great marine life and coral.  They almost got a lobster.  Imagine- we could have had fresh lobster for dinner.  I guess we'll have to settle for some Wahoo and the Sugar Pie for dessert.

I brought my trusty Sony with the marine housing and got a few good shots of the sharks. Yes, Sharks!  At one point we had about three of them around us - circling, circling, circling.   A girl from Kansas was diving with us and she said she felt "terrorized" by them.  Maybe she's suffering from a bit of a 9/11 hangover.  I thought they looked quite friendly.



Ok - maybe this one scared me a little.

No - not a shark - a turtle :-)

Jens is the one on the right.

1 comment:

  1. Sooo cool and exciting!! I have done a lot of diving but have never seen a shark. I'm sure I would have crapped myself. Great shots, fresh fish, sun, unforgettable experiences, it must be all and more than you expected. Am very envious. Dino

    ReplyDelete