Sunday, February 19, 2012

Cleaning up and getting ready to go again

It's time to move on. We have spent the day doing laundry and cleaning the boat inside and out, changing oil and taking a last bit of sun and fun at Nanny Cay Marina. We want to be in Panama by March 16 to drop Eric and Liz off as they plan to head up to Costa Rica to meet up with some friends from Canada.

My Nikon is headed home with Antje for repairs. It fell in the cockpit the other week. Hopefully it will be repaired and on its way back to me soon. In the meantime, I am using my trusty Sony Cybershot. I am borrowing Eric's camera kit he bought for the iPad so I can download the photos to my iPad since my Mac is still out of commission. It looks like I'll be able to get that fixed in Panama with some help from a good friend Fredrik. In the meantime I have a very cumbersome work around solution for updating the blog. I had to download (and pay for) an app called blogsy. This allows me to import photos from my iPad and write my blog. The I can publish my blog from there. However, I have not yet figured out how to put captions on the photos. And without my Mac I can't edit my photos. You are getting them raw and untouched.

Tonight we will prepare food for the sail tomorrow. Heading out early to St. Martin / St. Maarten. We expect it will take us around 20 hours of sailing/motoring depending on the wind.

2 comments:

  1. If you're heading to the Dutch side.... http://www.captainolivers.com/MarinaCharters.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really sorry to hear about all your tech troubles! (not to mention water pump, lines and sail issues xo Jens from little sister) Hopefully your camera will be fixed soon! LMK if I can help xo

    ReplyDelete