Wednesday, February 29, 2012

A very long journey

As you know, my dear Nikon D70S had taken a tumble and stopped taking pictures a week or so back. I had just purchased a new memory card on arrival to BVI and was ready to take some really great shots of the islands. Alas, it was not to be.

'Nikon' has travelled with me on vacations to South Africa, Egypt, Jordan, Kenya and Thailand amongst other places. She has traveled through the deserts of Oman and UAE and has explored Turkey with me. Nikon is a well travelled camera and has crossed the Atlantic so many times over the past 11 years, I can't begin to count.

I decided the best place to have her fixed was back in Canada so she went along with Antje and travelled back via Puerto Rico, New York and Toronto before landing up in Huntsville. From there, Antje passed her over to Scott who took her back to Barrie and handed her over to Diane and Dad. They took Nikon into Camera Works in Barrie where Bryan Russnell took her in and repaired her. I would recommend Camera Works to anyone looking for a place where you can trust they will do a good job at a fair price. We have used him before and have not been disappointed.

So now Nikon has been handed over to Michelle who will accompany her to CuraƧao where we will meet in a weeks time. I can't wait to see Michelle and will be very happy to have Nikon back again. I can start taking some 'better' pictures to share on the blog. I know I will never see my photos published in National Geographic, but I get a lot of pleasure taking them and sharing them with you.

Such a long journey ... But well worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment